Queensland Flight Test Range
Cloncurry Airport, Sir Hudson Fysh Drive
Cloncurry Qld 4824
+61 (0) 7 3031 0211
The Queensland Flight Test Range includes:
• acccess to a 2000 metre commercial grade runway
• 1,150 metre secondary runway
• secure hangar and workshop
• range control centre
• range control system including a primary surveillance radar and other tracking equipment
• access to varying airspace volumes
• SORA/Safety Case development.
The facility is suitable for flying all weight classes of UAS for routine operations, test and evaluation, and trials activities of varying levels of complexity.
This Queensland Government facility is operated by QinetiQ.
Year Established: 2020
Parent Company: Queensland Government
Area of Business: Test and evaluation
Areas of R&D: Test and evaluation for:
• first flights
• sensors and payloads
• flight manoeuvres
• BVLOS/EVLOS operations
• high-speed and high-altitude performance
• multi-vehicle/teaming operations.