Naval Group has signed nine different Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Australian companies to manufacture its countermeasure solutions for the RAN.
Naval Group Pacific is proposing CANTO anti-torpedo countermeasures for Australia’s submarine and surface ship programs, a countermeasure generation based on dilution/confusion multi-effects.
The system generates high-level acoustic signals over 360-degrees to cover the full frequency range of the attacking torpedo.
This anti-torpedo system, fitted with its associated reaction module CONTRALTO, which computes the most appropriate evasive manoeuvre and deployment sequence once a threat is detected, is already in service in the French Navy and in several other navies.
Naval Group has signed MoUs with:
- Archer Enterprises: precision CNC Machining, Fabrication, Assembly and Testing of Complex Mechanical Components, Assemblies & Sub-Systems, Including Electrical Control Integration for Performance Critical Applications
- Axiom Precision Manufacturing: an experienced manufacturer of complex, precision electro-mechanical components and assemblies for the Defence and Aerospace industries whose Defence Secure facility expansion provides a unique capability for sensitive Defence projects into the future.
- Baron Rubber: a contract manufacturer, specialising in build-to-print moulded components and assemblies made in silicone, rubber, composites and engineering grade polymers.
- BB Engineering: specialising in Naval & Military Applications for Precision CNC Machined and Turned Components
- CAMPAGNO Engineering: specialised in precision engineering and machining
- GPC Electronics: based in Western Sydney and Australia’s leading dedicated Contract Electronics Manufacturer for build to print Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA), Box Build and Mechanical sub-assembly of electronic products
- Land Air Sea Space (LASS): specialists in design manufacture and repair of high-quality electrical cable assemblies, wired enclosures and interconnecting systems.
- MacTaggart Scott Australia: providing support and engineering services to meet the requirements of the RAN, in particular for the Collins class submarines and the two LHDs. The facilities in Adelaide offer a significant engineering capability as well as increasing design services.
- Verseng Group: an engineering & precision manufacturing organization specialising in the manufacture of CNC machined components, fabrication, complex assemblies for the defence, mining, heavy industrial, marine and agricultural markets.