Minister for Defence Industry Melissa Price has announced more than $7 million in support to seven Australian businesses through the Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority grants (SICP).
They are the latest of almost 90 Australian small and medium businesses to benefit from the SICP Grants Program to a combined value of $47 million since November 2018.
“The range of capabilities being developed by these latest grant recipients is a vital investment in our sovereign industrial base,” Minister Price said.
“Their dedication and foresight is enabling the ADF to maintain a leading edge and increase its self-reliance in an increasingly congested strategic environment.”
The Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority Grants announced are:
1. Consunet, $421,406, for the design, construction, accreditation and certification of a multi-zoned facility to enable delivery, support and sustainment of sovereign projects.
2. Mincham Aviation, $1,056,374, for the enhancement of ability to develop, manufacture and repair a range of aerospace and defence equipment, including aerial delivery systems, UAVs and naval components.
3. Cryoclock, $599,712, for improving its ability to build high-performance clocks and oscillators to provide a strategically critical technical function for Defence capability.
4. Craig International Ballistics, $1,203,001, for the investment in acquisition, installation and commissioning of autoclave technology for ballistic protection product manufacturing.
5. Century Products (S.A.), $1,197,242, for the development of a production scale CNC line with complex milling and turning functionality for supply onto a number of land, sea and air programs.
6. Alfatron, $1,390,658, for the establishment of a Printed Circuit Board Fabrication Line to support the sovereign manufacture of electronic technology.
7. Bambach Wires & Cables, $1,217,020, for the enhancement of existing manufacturing capability to enable the manufacture of small, medium and large diameter low voltage silicone copper cables essential for use in submarine and shipbuilding.