UK Export Controls Awareness Day
The Defence Teaming Centre (DTC) has partnered with BAE Systems Australia to bring to defence industry a comprehensive UK Export Control Awareness session to assist business in understanding UK’s export control regimes.
Catriona MacNeil, BAE Systems Australia Export Control Manager, will provide DTC members and the wider defence community, with the knowledge required to be able to export into UK’s defence market. This will include:
- Understanding the rules, regulations and controls the UK Government has in place regarding defence export controls.
- Identifying how to establish proper export control compliance.
- Gaining a greater understanding of export control regimes in Australia and the UK.
- Where you can go to for assistance.
Following on from the UK Export Controls Awareness session, BAE Systems Australia will present their Industry Education Session, which is designed to provide SMEs with improved knowledge in areas where standards can be difficult to achieve or maintain. The course content will apply equally to existing supply chain partners and those seeking to offer products or services in the future. This session is presented by Global Access Program (GAP) and will cover:
- Estimating and Pricing – A condensed hour-long version of the popular Global Access Program estimating and pricing fundamentals course. Understand the basic principles of estimating and pricing used within BAE Systems Australia.
- Supplier Quality Assurance – Understand the importance of supplier quality assurance to BAE Systems, suppliers and customers in addition to the role of supplier quality assurance in your business.
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) - Understand the new CMMC cyber security framework being rolled out in the USA. Delivered by indigenous CMMC certified practitioner Secure State Consultants, this information is critical to any business with ambitions to supply into the US market.
Line-up for speakers for BAE Systems Global Access Program Industry Training Day:
- Jeremy Satchell, Head of Global Access Program at BAE Systems Australia
- John Williams, Enterprise Supplier Quality Assurance Manager at BAE Systems Australia
- Kym Welsby, Head of Strategy at Secure State
- Matt Majewski, Business Development Lead – Australian Industry at BAE Systems Australia
Attendees have the option to attend the half day UK Export Controls Awareness session or the whole day, if you haven’t previously attended the BAE Systems Global Access Program Industry Training Day.
The cost of the ticket is to cover morning tea and lunch only. Please ensure you advise of any dietary requirements when booking.